users@jax-rpc.java.net

avoiding throws RemoteException?

From: <jastrachan_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:44:48 +0100

I realise this is a completely religious debate; but many folks in
the POJO world have moved away from checked exceptions for things
like RemoteException. e.g. see the Spring Framework. When working
with Spring Remoting for example you never need to litter your POJOs
with RemoteExceptions.

Folks often use AOP / interceptors now to deal with remoting issues
to handle retry loops or whatever. I wonder would you ever consider
an option in JAX-WS's <wsimport> tool to allow the use of checked
RemoteException to be made optional? If disabled the
RemoteException's from JAX-WS could just be wrapped in some well
defined RuntimeException.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/