users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: sent a message to a particular method on the server side

From: Oancea Daniel <doancea_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:04:24 +0100

Thanks for your reply Anne

i read much better the tutorial and i made a client. But, the I still
have a problem.
The client that I made have to sent an attachment to an web service ,
and get an answer from them. The think is that I don't get anything
from the server side.

The system server - client is very simple.

here is a part from WSDL file:

    <wsdl:operation name="sendOctet">
            <soap:operation soapAction="sendOctet"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <mime:multipartRelated>
                    <mime:part>
                        <soap:body use="literal"/>
                    </mime:part>
                    <mime:part>
                        <mime:content part="octet"
type="application/octet-stream"/>
                    </mime:part>
                </mime:multipartRelated>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>

the interface generated by the wscompile using -import -f:wsi options
is look like:

public interface AttachmentPortType extends java.rmi.Remote {
    public java.lang.String sendOctet(javax.activation.DataHandler
octet) throws
         java.rmi.RemoteException;

the implementation of interface:

public class AttachmentPortTypeImpl implements AttachmentPortType{

   public String sendOctet(javax.activation.DataHandler octet) {
             return ("***Service received DataHandler of type: " +
octet.getContentType());
   }

and the client :

try {
Stub proxy = proxy();

AttachmentPortType req = (AttachmentPortType) proxy;

FileDataSource file = new FileDataSource("e://lucru/IMSClient/conf/test.txt");
DataHandler dh = new DataHandler(file);

String request = req.sendOctet(dh);

System.out.println("response " + request);
} catch (Exception e) {
// TODO: handle exception
}
}

public static Stub proxy(){
return (Stub) (new Attachment_Impl().getAttachmentPort());
}

when I run this client i don't receive anything.

I do something wrong in the client in order to transmit an attachment ?
How can i see if the client send something to the web service ? I try
with TCP Monitor from Axis Apache but don't capture any SOAP Message
in this case.
Any help will be appreciated .

thanks