users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: ant task wscompile frustration

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:36:40 -0400

> [wscompile] [CustomClassGenerator: generating
> JavaClass for: web_Login]
> [wscompile] [CustomClassGenerator: generating
> JavaClass for: web_LoginResponse]
> [wscompile] error : com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not
> available in the classpath..
> [wscompile] error: compilation failed, errors should
> have been reported
>
> Very strange, it seems to be compiling but then says
> the compiler can't be found? I'd paste the entire
> command but there are about 200 jars in my classpath.

It is creating the files but then fails when it tries to find the actual
javac compiler to compile them into class files. Do you have
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar in your classpath? The reason it works for you
with the wscompile.sh script is that the script includes this jar in the
classpath when invoking com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wscompile.Main.

Cheers,
Bobby