users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Why multiple serializer for same data type that's shared across web services

From: Doug Kohlert <Doug.Kohlert_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:12:23 -0700

The reason for this is because JAX-RPC only process one endpoint at a
time and therefore does not have any knowledge of other endpoints
or the data types they are using. To avoid name conflicts each endpoint
is generated with a specific infix (e.g. _8_ or _9_) to avoid conflicts
with other endpoints. JAX-RPC 2.0 does not do this.

--
Doug Kohlert
Java Software Division