users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC RI and SOAP attachments

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:39:51 -0700

Ryan LeCompte wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I came across the following sentence in “Java Web Services in a
> Nutshell” by Kim Topley:
>
> “At the time of this writing, the reference implementation’s handling
> of attachments is such that it generates nonstandard SOAP messages
> that probably will not be properly understood by third-party products.”

JWSDP 1.4 is AP 1.0 cimpliant. Starting from WSDL you can define MIME
binding and JAXRPC will generate MIME binding specific java SEI as
defined by JAXRPC 1.1 spec. there is whitepaper[1] describing this feature.

> I believe the book was written for JWSDP 1.4. Has this shortcoming
> been addressed in JWSDP 1.5? I’d like to be able to write my WSDL such
> that some operations send MIME inputs/outputs and these operations are
> interoperable between JWSDP and .NET.

sure you can do this by designing such a WSDL as described in [1]. There
is also samples[2] that demonstrate how to do it.

-vivek.

[1]https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1.2/attachments.html
[2]https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1.2/attachments-howto.html

--