users@jax-rpc.java.net

JAX-RPC RI and SOAP attachments

From: Ryan LeCompte <ryan.lecompte_at_pangonetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:54:08 -0400

Hello all,

I came across the following sentence in "Java Web Services in a Nutshell" by
Kim Topley:

"At the time of this writing, the reference implementation's handling of
attachments is such that it generates nonstandard SOAP messages that
probably will not be properly understood by third-party products."

I believe the book was written for JWSDP 1.4. Has this shortcoming been
addressed in JWSDP 1.5? I'd like to be able to write my WSDL such that some
operations send MIME inputs/outputs and these operations are interoperable
between JWSDP and .NET.

Any information is appreciated.

Regards,

Ryan