users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: JAX-RPC mapping file, really needed?

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:47:37 +0200

Hmmm, such mapping files look really different in different
environments. When I look at Oracle OC4J, it's rather small, at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tutorials/fbs10g/endpoint/i
mpl.htm it's as simple as this

<package-mapping>
 <package-type>oracle.otnsamples.ibfbs.admin.ejb</package-type>

<namespaceURI>urn:oracle.otnsamples.ibfbs.admin.ejb.StockQuoteService</n
amespaceURI>
</package-mapping>

In my mapping files generated by Sun wscompile, there's a lot more
stuff, like <java-xml-type-mapping> and <service-interface-mapping> and
<service-endpoint-interface-mapping> ...

I think it's easy to generate the <package-mapping> part. The other ones
look more difficult (and here's my problem). I will try if Sun/WebSphere
could live without the other bunch of information. Anyone out there
experienced in this area???

cu
   Merten