users@jax-rpc.java.net

5 seconds after response before a FIN is sent

From: Matt Swensson <matman2k1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:00:25 -0700 (PDT)

I am not sure if this is specific to jax-rpc, but I am using a jax-rpc
implementation, generating from a WSDL.

What I am seeing while sniffing the network is that my client
application sends a request, gets back a response, and then 5 seconds
later, it sends a FIN to let the service know it is done. I am not
sure why this is happening and was wondering if maybe there is some
setting (unknown to me) to have the FIN sent at the end of request
instead of waiting 5 seconds after a response is received to notify the
service.

More info
This app is running inside tomcat.
The message factory impl being used is
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl

Thanks,
Matt

Yahoo! Messenger