users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: feedback: Understanding your JAX-RPC SI Environment

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:49:39 -0800

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your comments.

JAX-RPC 1.1 does not support asynchronouse calls however JAX-RPC 2.0
does support it. There is a Technology Preview of JAX-RPC 2.0 standards
implementation available at [1] but there is no corresponding
documentation to explain the programming model, yet. You can consider
looking at JAX-RPC 2.0 spec [2] and write your client-side code to
achieve callback and polling mechanisms.

An Early Access of JAX-RPC 2.0 is expected to be released in next few
weeks which will accompany numerous samples and documentation so that
will serve your needs better.

Thanks,
-Arun

[1] https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=2720
[2] http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr224/index2.html

--
got Web Services ?
Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from