users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: WS JAXRPC hhelp

From: Sang Shin <Sang.Shin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:46:04 -0500

Frank wrote:

> Well I'm new to WS/jaxrpc and tried going through the java tutorial
> (j2ee tutorial 14, tomcat examples etc) etc (they are real poor/don't
> seem too work at times). I at least got to run the helloworld that
> cones with the jswdp1-5. But it was canned and already setup (i.e WSDL
> generated already it looks like etc) But in attempt too use that as a
> template too that I need too do and what gets generated for me, what a
> disaster!!! Nothing seems too explain this at all. If any one has some
> good examples that I can use I would appricate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank

(Sorry for the belated response.)

As part of the "Web services programming course" I teach, I
summarized the steps that need to be taken to build and
run sample apps that come with J2EE 1.4 SDk and J2EE 1.4
tutorials. This might be just a bit easier to follow.
(All apps use Sun Java System App Server PE 8.1 that comes with
J2EE SDK 1.4)

http://www.javapassion.com/webservices/HW2New.html
        -Building and deploying sample apps that come
        with J2EE 1.4 SDK
http://www.javapassion.com/webservices/HW5New.html
        -Building and deploying JAX-RPC sample codes
        that come with J2EE 1.4 tutorial
        -Building and deploying helloservice web
        service sample application using NetBeans
http://www.javapassion.com/webservices/HW6New.html
        -Deploying a web service with basic authentication
        and role-based access control
        -Adding a new user (principal) to a file-based
        security realm of Sun Java System App Server
http://www.javapassion.com/webservices/HW7New.html
        -Deploying the helloservice using
          document/literal and rpc/literal
        -Building helloservice Web service using NetBeans 4.1 IDE
        -Implementing SOAP message handlers using NetBeans
        -Implementing lifecycle interface for the Web
        services endpoint implementation.
http://www.javapassion.com/webservices/HW8New.html
        -building document-driven web services

The course schedule can be seen from