users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: jwsdp tutorial

From: Alessio Cervellin <alessio.cervellin_at_sun-cs-italy.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:35:17 +0100

Furton, John wrote:
> I was trying to figure out the proper content of the web.xml file for
> wsdeploy but:
>
> - The whitepaper (Understanding your JAX-RPC SI Environment)
> does not show an example

because the web.xml issue is not something related to jax-rpc, it's just
a standard web-app descriptor... for the war of a webservice, usually it
doesn't need any special paramater in the web.xml, i.e. a web.xml like
this one could be good:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app>
<display-name>My webapp</display-name>
<description>my JAX-RPC based webapp</description>
</web-app>

> - The jwsdp 1.5 and 1.4 tutorials don’t even talk about
> wscompile and wsdeploy anymore.

maybe 'cause these tools are well explained in the whitepaper you
previously mentioned ;)