users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: new webservice architecture

From: sergio lera <softlera_at_yahoo.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:39:10 -0300 (ART)

hello list,

Anne, thanks for your attention.
I have thought about you said and I have made another design.
Before I explain the design, you must know a few application requisites:
-- client module must generate an XML document that implements an XML schema (that defines an own protocol).
-- this XML document must be generated by the webservice requestor that must be installed in the client system.
-- the response is another XML document, but in this case, the XML document is signed by the service provider... and the client module must validate the signature...

"client module" is not very clear what it means but I suppose is located in the end user system who must trust the service certificate.

-- there are a few webservices, each one with his own protocol (xml schema) and each one in a different machine.

well, i have attached a GIF image with 3 possibles solutions.... I dont have this very clear ;) . Diagrams are self-commented.

Could you say me what is the better solution? or at least, what is a reasonable solution?

Again, thanks a lot!!!!
Sergio.

Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_manes.net> wrote:

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
The so-called web service “client” in this scenario is, in fact, the JSP/servlet. There’s no reason to use an applet to invoke the service. Most Java SOAP client environments are pretty heavy-weight for an applet. If you really want to use an applet to invoke the service, then I suggest using the Wingfoot SOAP client (see http://www.wingfoot.com).

SOAP messages must be sent to a SOAP server/node rather than routed through a servlet. (Note that a SOAP server runs as a servlet, but not within the servlet that’s communicating with the applet.) The SOAP engine processes the SOAP message and then invokes the appropriate class method to process the request. So there’s only one web service and a corresponding Java application.

Anne