users@jax-rpc.java.net

Generated wrapper classes for document style web services

From: Ryan LeCompte <ryan.lecompte_at_pangonetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:19:01 -0500

Hello all,

When going from a document style WSDL file to Java interfaces, I notice that
the generated endpoint Java interface uses "wrapper" arguments instead of
the original types defined in the WSDL. The wscompile command that I'm using
is:

wscompile -gen:server -model model -f:wsi -f:documentliteral -keep -s
generated -d output/server -classpath . config.xml

When I provide my "servant" implementation of the generated interface, I
have to actually use the getXXX() methods
on the generated wrapper classes to get at the underlying data structures
(an array of X objects, for example).

Why are the wrapper classes needed when -f:wsi is specified?

-- Ryan