users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Installing JWSDP 1.5 with JDK 1.5

From: ramesh mandava <Ramesh.Mandava_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:04:46 -0800

Hi Kevun:

>>Hi Kevin:
>> There seems to be some problem with installer when only
>>JDK 5.0 is available ( i.e. where JDK 1.4.2 is not available ) .
>> As a workaround can you please use JDK 1.4.2 at the
>>installation time. This shouldn't have any impact on the JDK
>>which you will be using as part of the Container ( AppServer,
>>WebServer or Tomcat ). You can still use JDK 5.0
>>
>> If you are using Tomcat then you can change JAVA_HOME property in
>> CATALINA_HOME/jwsdp-shared/bin/setenv.sh [ .bat]
>>
>> to point to JDK 5.0 later.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest in JWSDP 1.5
>

> This is for a training class that I want to move to JDK 1.5/JWSDP 1.5 so I
> can't use JDK 1.4. I do have a workaround for now (which works in my
> particular scenario) but can you tell me when it will be fixed?

   Can you please let us know the workaround that you are able to use.
We will definitely fix this bug as part of out next release. At this
point, I can't give any dates for that release though.

> Also, can you confirm that the only changes I need to make to JWSDP *after*
> installation is to update %JWSDP_HOME%\jwsdp-shared\bin\setenv.bat (and
> setenv) so that the JAVA_HOME set there refers to JDK 5.0

  As part of the integration, if you integrate JWSDP into Tomcat then you
  also need to update

  CATALINA_HOME\jwsdp-shared\bin\setenv.bat

  apart from updating

%JWSDP_HOME%\jwsdp-shared\bin\setenv.bat ( This update is needed for
running any scripts/samples under JWSDP_HOME ).

If you are using AppServer or WebServer then the webapps would be using
the JDK used by the container. You have to use the container specific
way for updating JDK used by the webapps.

Regards
-Ramesh