users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: Installing JWSDP 1.5 with JDK 1.5

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:19:52 -0000

> Hi Kevin:
> There seems to be some problem with installer when only
> JDK 5.0 is available ( i.e. where JDK 1.4.2 is not available ) .
> As a workaround can you please use JDK 1.4.2 at the
> installation time. This shouldn't have any impact on the JDK
> which you will be using as part of the Container ( AppServer,
> WebServer or Tomcat ). You can still use JDK 5.0
>
> If you are using Tomcat then you can change JAVA_HOME property in
> CATALINA_HOME/jwsdp-shared/bin/setenv.sh [ .bat]
>
> to point to JDK 5.0 later.
>
> Thanks for your interest in JWSDP 1.5

This is for a training class that I want to move to JDK 1.5/JWSDP 1.5 so I
can't use JDK 1.4. I do have a workaround for now (which works in my
particular scenario) but can you tell me when it will be fixed?

Also, can you confirm that the only changes I need to make to JWSDP *after*
installation is to update %JWSDP_HOME%\jwsdp-shared\bin\setenv.bat (and
setenv) so that the JAVA_HOME set there refers to JDK 5.0

Kevin Jones
http://public.xdi.org/=kevin.jones
skype (www.skype.com): kevinrjones