users@jax-rpc.java.net

webservice architecture

From: sergio lera <softlera_at_yahoo.com.ar>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 05:27:46 -0300 (ART)

hello list,

I am designing a service based on a client/server architecture with webservices (JAX-RPC).

It is the first time that I do this and I am not really sure that my design is correct.

I have attached to this email a GIF image with an architecture diagram.

As u can see, end user uses a browser (it is a requisite) to access a web application that is composed of JSPs for content presentation and some Java classes that dinamically contact webservice. This set of Java classes is the webservice requestor that uses a JAX-RPC implementation to interchange XML documents with the service provider.

I think it is a common used architecture but I still have got a doubt:

- Where is usually placed the web application? in the end user machine or in a corporative remote machine? I think if web application is in a corporative remote machine, dinamic proxy client is not very usefull, isn't it?

- Could you tell me about other design alternatives where end user uses a browser (it is a requisite) to access a webservice?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio.

zZz-zZz-zZz-zZz-zZz-zZz-zZz-zZz

throw new Exception("SoftLera!!!");