users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: WSDP 1.4 JAX_RPC RI vs Apache Axis 1.1/1.2?

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <Eduardo.Pelegrillopart_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:53:55 -0700

Well, we like ours :-).

More seriously, we know our implementation better than Axis, but...

The RI implements JAX-RPC 1.1 as FCS (happened a few releases ago) and
conforms to WS-I BP 1.1 with attachments as FCS in JWSDP 1.4. JWSDP 1.4
also has an EA implementation of the WS-I Security profile. As far as I
can tell from ws.apache.org/axis, Axis 1.2 implements JAX-RPC 1.1 as a
beta. The last time I looked at performance benchmarks, the RI was
comfortably better.

But we are biased, so we would love to hear other experiences.

Time-wise, Axis followed on Apache SOAP which was out there before there
was any JAX-RPC spec and thus ahead of our RI implementation. The Axis
group was a member of the JAX-RPC EG and their implementation passed the
JAX-RPC TCK some (short?) time after the first JAX-RPC (1.0) Spec went out.

        - eduard/o