users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: Deploying webservice using AXIS

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:27:53 +0200

IMHO you should use the wsdeploy generated .war - which is Sun
specific(!) - with plain Tomcat. For that to work, you have to bring the
JAX-RPC libs from Sun to Tomcat, either global (common) or in the webapp
itself.

If you have got Axis (1.2?), then you should notice that it has it's own
JAX-RPC implementation and you could use the "raw" .war file to deploy
the stuff to Axis. Then use a .wsdd file to "introduce" your web
service.

cu
   Merten