users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re-installation woes

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:12:46 +0100

I'm trying to re-install JWSDP1.4 after a previous installation seems to
have failed. When I get to the section where I choose the installation
directory I choose c:\jwsdp-1.4 and get a dialog telling me that the JWSDP
is already installed in that directory (it isn't) and that I should
uninstall JWSDP before re-installing, which of course I can't! I can install
it elsewhere but for reasons I don't want to go into that is not an option.
I've looked in the registry and in various other places (such as my home
directory, windows and windows/system32) for a clue as to what the install
program is looking for to determine whether the JWSDP is already installed.

What do I need to do to get JWSDP installed in c:\jwsdp-1.4

(this is on Windows 2003)

Kevin Jones
http://kevinj.develop.com