users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: [Fwd: Re: Serialization & encriptation]

From: Manveen Kaur <Manveen.Kaur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:32:01 -0700

Hi Guadalupe,

XML and Web Services Security (XWS-Security) deals with /message-level
security/. In message-level security, security information is contained
within the SOAP message, which allows security information to travel
along with the message. For example, a portion of the message may be
signed by a sender and encrypted for a particular receiver. It doesn't
seem like you are really applying security to elements of a SOAPMessage.

If you want to encrypt specific parameters, then you can consider using
javax.crypto.Cipher. But the encypted result would be a byte[].

A J2SE guide on security is available at
||http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/index.html

--Manveen