users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: HTTP-Basic authentication over SSL

From: Sharib Anis <sharib.anis_at_wilabs.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:18:55 +0800

Andy,

I did everything as required (at least that's what I think), from here
(http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/tutorial/doc/JAXRPC7.html) and
your mail, but during runtime, I get this nagging exception:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find trusted
certificate

I have set up a client keystore and have also imported the server
certificate (as trusted) into it. I'm using this keystore as a
truststore. My client and server are running on different machines. I'm
not sure if the problem is on the client or server side. Also, I'm not
sure if it's a truststore issue. I tried to use JRE (cacerts)
truststore, but that didn't help either.

Sorry for the bother, but hope you can help.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharib Anis