users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: jax-rpc

From: kathy walsh <Kathleen.Walsh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:14:16 -0500

Juhász Csaba wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I1ve read in java forum your email address. I have some question, and I hope You easily answer it:
>
>- I've run the helloservice service with the staticstub client and dynamic proxy client in jwstutor1.3, and they all work well. After it I implemented a new method on a server, and I'd like to invoke it from these clients. The result was not fully satisfied:
>
> - the dynamicproxy client work well with the new method (sayGoodbye)

that makes me happy :-)

> - the staticstub client didn't work with the new method (I've build it again before running!). As I look a class directory (build/staticstub), there is a file:MySecureHElloService_SR.class, in which I've found the "sayHello" method, but I cannot find my new method("sayGoodbye"). I find HelloIF_sayHello_RequestStruct.class in this directory, but I cannot find HelloIF_sayGoodbye_RequestStruct.class, which is needed for my new method sayGoodbye, I think. Who/What generate these files? wscompile? If so, why it can't see my new method? This is my first question.

Are you using the tutorial?
Yes you will have to run the tool to regenerate the new artifacts with
the sayGoodbye method-
The steps you followed in the tutorial example will need to be rerun-
you may have to update a properties file in the directory-
Hope this is helpful-
I am not to familiar with the tutorial so perhaps someone else can
respond on this.

>The second question's subject is the authentication. The staticstub client can use basic authentication with Stub class's method: setProperty(USERNAME PROPERTY, ...), and similarly with the password property. The DII client can also use this authentication with Call class's similar method. But in Dynamic proxy client there isn't Call or Stub class, only Service class, which hasn't method setproperty. How can I use the basic authentication in dynamicproxy type client?

The dynamic proxy client implements the Stub interface so you can set
the stub properties
on the proxy client. Remember to cast the proxy to the stub type-

>Thanks in advance for your reply!
>Best regards:
> Csaba Juhasz
> Java developer