users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: jwsdp1.3 installation problem on IRIX box ....

From: Springer, Ian P. <ian.springer_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:12:15 -0500

From the release notes [1]:

If you see the following error message
   Cannot find Java(TM) 2 Platform, Standard Edition

then the installer could not find a JavaTM 2 SDK to run itself. If you
do not have a JavaTM 2 SDK installed on your machine, you need to
download from here and install it before you run the Java WSDP
installer. If you already have JavaTM 2 SDK installed on your machine,
you can correct this problem by running the installer with the following
arguments:

    jwsdp-1_3-unix.sh -is:javahome /your/Java/installation/directory

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd install it on a Windows, Linux, or
Solaris box and then zip up the installation and ftp it over to the Irix
box.

Ian

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/downloads/install-unix.html