users@jax-rpc.java.net

Basic Question about JAX-RPC

From: Anna Bikkina <anna_at_pinksheets.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:18:27 -0500

Hi,

I am totally new to webservices and related technologies.

I have to write a web services application that should serve xml files to the
client(Files larger than a MB)? Will there be a performance problem to send
large files to the client using webservices . Also is it a good idea to send
the file as a return type of a method or as an attachment in the soap file.

One other question is this xml file contains huge rows of data obtained from
the database. Basically I do not want convert this data into java objects
because of performance issues(It might take lot of time to convert data from
database to java objects) and hence decided to write the data to the xml. Is
this a good idea in the first place?

Please help me providing answers to the above questions.

Thanks in advance,
Anna.