users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JSR-109 and EJBs

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_manes.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:07:06 -0500

JSR-109 maps JAX-RPC to J2EE, but in the process it defines a few
constraints. One of those constraints is stateless processing.

My recommendation is that you design your services using JAX-RPC unless you
have a strong requirement (e.g., distributed transactions) that require
you to use EJBs. JAX-RPC can run in any servlet engine, which gives you
lots more deployment flexibility. The service API is simpler, also, and
doesn't require JNDI.

Anne