users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: The client handler strips the SOAP-headers off

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <robert.bissett_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:10:21 -0400

Marcus Heinonen wrote:

> I'm using WS Security signature to the the JAX-RPC call. But I would
> like to change some things in the SOAP-message using a handler on the
> client side. But the handler strips off all SOAP-headers when processing
> the request from the client. Can I keep these headers in some way?

Using the xws-security handler, there is no way currently to change
that, though there may be in a future release. If you want to change the
message in some way (for instance, the request before it leaves the
client), you can add your own handler to the client that extends
javax.xml.rpc.handler.GenericHandler and implement the handleRequest()
so that it makes your changes and leaves as much or as little of the
message intact as you'd like.

Cheers,
Bobby Bissett