users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Handling mustUnderstand Headers

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:25:15 -0400

> I see the handler being called both on the request and the response
> side, but my implementation *isn't* executed, and the JAXRPC runtime
> throws a 'mustUnderstand' exception.
>
> So, how do I tell the runtime that I've processed this header?

Hi Kevin,

In the handler that processes the header, you should remove the header
that is targeted at you from the message before passing it on. It sounds
like the header is being propagated through to the endpoint, and the
endpoint does not understand the header. For more details see:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383499

As for the code in your handler, once you have a handle to the header
element you can simply call: myHeaderElement.detachNode()

Cheers,
Bobby Bissett