users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC 1.1 Support for complex Data Types

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:30:17 -0700

Hi Ravi,

DII can be used in the following two ways:

- with WSDL (you specify the WSDL location when creating Service object
from ServiceFactory)
- without WSDL (you do not specify WSDL location)

Both of these cases should be used when your WSDL consists of primitive
types and value types with only primitive type members. You are expected
to get a more predictable behavior in these cases. And even within that,
rpc/literal and doc/literal WSDLs are better supported than rpc/encoded.

Since you've the WSDL information with you, it is recommended to use
static stubs to invoke the service.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

RaviKiran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to invoke a rpc/encoded or doc/literal service operation
> with non-primitive parameters using only DII(no dynamic proxy,no stub
> generation,no writing of beans) in JWSDP1.2(JAX-RPC 1.1)
>
> As a sample can I invoke the findPlace operation in the WSDL
>
> http://arcweb.esri.com/services/v2/PlaceFinderSample.wsdl
>
> The argument PlaceFinderOptions is very complex.So I would like to know
> if it is possible to invoke this service ,purely using DII in JAXRPC 1.1.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi.

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html