users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: WSDL over secure HTTP and multiple ports/endpoints

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:15:59 -0600

Hi Sharib,

Please see inline responses ...

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:29:19 +0800, Sharib Anis <sharib.anis_at_WILABS.COM>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a couple of problems while deploying a service over secure HTTP
>(basic auth.).
>
>Firstly, how does a client get the WSDL, to create the stub artifacts?
>On running wscompile, I always get HTTP 401 error.

Once your service is deployed correctly, WSDL is accessible by appending
?WSDL to your service endpoint.

>I tried to implement two endpoints, one secure (for the service) and one
>non-secure (for the WSDL), but am not sure how to do it. Basically I

Can you please explain what do you mean by setting a non-secure endpoint for
the WSDL ?

>should be able to modify the jaxrpc-ri.xml for multiple end-points. The
>documentation for this is full of typos. E.g.

If you are using basic authentication, then you also need to setup security
information in web.xml such as ...

<security-constraint>
  <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>SecureHelloWorldService</web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/hello/secure/*</url-pattern>
    <http-method>GET</http-method>
    <http-method>POST</http-method>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <auth-constraint>
    <role-name>manager</role-name>
    <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
  <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
  <realm-name>default</realm-name>
</login-config>

>Taken from :
>http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.1/tutorial/doc/JAXRPC7.html (BTW,
>this does not even exist in the latest tutorial docs... What's going on
>Sun????)

Please let us know what exactly are you looking for in the tutorial and I'll
try to provide you with the relevant information.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun