users@jax-rpc.java.net

Application Class within application class

From: Marco Laponder <mlr_at_INTERCHAIN.NL>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:17:19 +0200

Hi All,

I am newbi with JAX-RPC so maybe I am trying things which are not possible.
What I try to accomplish is to call a remote procedure which returns my own
application class 'MyMain()'.

When MyMain contains a String field with getter/setter methods this works
fine.

But know I create class MySub() and included a field of MySub type in class
MyMain(). Compiling wasn't a problem and also the generated WSDL looks fine.
he problem is when I call the function which returns MyMain() the the
following exception occurs:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.GenericObjectSerializer.doDeserialize(GenericObject
Serializer.java:204)
at
com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.ObjectSerializerBase.deserialize(ObjectSerializerBa
se.java:165)
at
com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.ReferenceableSerializerImpl.deserialize(Referenceab
leSerializerImpl.java:141)
at
com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.SOAPDeserializationState.deserialize(SOAPDeserializ
ationState.java:364)
at com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.SOAPDeserializ

My questions are:
- is it possible what I am trying to do
- if it is possible what am I missing ?

Kind regards,