users@jax-rpc.java.net

SocketPermision When I invoke SOAP service from Applet (Behind firewall)

From: Jeeva S <vavjeeva_at_LYCOS.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:08:38 +0530

Hi Guys,

    I have developed SImple SOAP Service and i deployed in Tomcat Server.

The Client machine is behind the firewall.

This is my client coding

/**********Initialize SOAP Service**********/

  SOAPHTTPConnection conn = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
  conn.setProxyHost("192.168.2.1");
  conn.setProxyPort(180);

  call = new Call();
  call.setSOAPTransport(conn);
  call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:ChatServer");
  call.setMethodName("GetServerMessage");
  call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);

When I invoke this service from java application ,it works fine.

When, i invoke this service from Applet, this gives Error

Error opening socket: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.
net.SocketPermission 192.168.2.1:180 connect,resolve)

What is the easiest solution for this?
Help Me Guys

Jeeva S