users@jax-rpc.java.net

wsdeploy and "-classpath" option

From: Ted o Donovan <ted.odonovan_at_ECET.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:22:08 -0600

We have modified the hello example to include a class that is not in the default directory/package but is in a seperate jarfile.

On running, the wsdeploy complains that it cannot find the class in the jar file. So to remedy this we added the "-classpath" option above, but this caused an error:

process-war:
[echo] Running wsdeploy....
[exec] info: created temporary directory: C:\jwsdp-1_0_01\docs\tutorial\exa
mples\jaxrpc\hello\build\wsdeploy-generated\jaxrpc-deploy-af2f55
[exec] info: processing endpoint: MyHello
[exec] error: generator error: generator error: can't create directory: C:\
jwsdp-1_0_01\docs\tutorial\examples\jaxrpc\hello\build\wsdeploy-generated\jaxrpc
-deploy-af2f55\WEB-INF\classes;c:\dev\common\lib\util\ecetutil.jar\hello
[exec] info: created output war file: C:\jwsdp-1_0_01\docs\tutorial\example
s\jaxrpc\hello\dist\hello-jaxrpc.war
[exec] info: removed temporary directory: C:\jwsdp-1_0_01\docs\tutorial\exa
mples\jaxrpc\hello\build\wsdeploy-generated\jaxrpc-deploy-af2f55

Not quite sure what it is trying to do here, but to me this "-classpath" option does not seem to work.

One workaround is to copy the jar into the common\lib directory in the web services pack, but this is fairly extreme! We do not want to have to deploy everything before we build, or do we?

Surely there is a more practical solution?

T.