users@jax-rpc.java.net

install web service war file in an ordinary tomcat 4.x

From: Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar_at_PTINOVACAO.PT>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 12:23:34 +0100

Greetings,

how should I install a web service war file in an ordinary tomcat 4.x
instead of using ant script install task from web services development
pack 1.0 with a custom tomcat 4.x already with a bundle of jar files and
configured to web services?

pertinent issues:
-what specific web service's jar files must I copy to common/lib/ only
related to web services (parsers, jdbc, ..., are already bundled with
tomcat 4);
-should I add a context on my server.xml and for that stopping and
restarting tomcat, or it would be more recommended to install ant and
use a install task to do it?
-...

thanks,
Pedro Salazar