users@jax-rpc.java.net

moving WEBSERVICE from TOMCAT (4.1.2) in WSDP 1.0 --- to --> ORDINARY TOMCAT (4.0.4)

From: Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar_at_PTINOVACAO.PT>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 19:30:47 +0100

Greetings,

I want to go to production environment and instead of using the tomcat
bundled with WebServiceDevelopmentPack 1.0 (WSDP 1.0), I want to use a
conventional/isolated tomcat. I choose the tomcat 4.0.4 (latest stable
version).

1) I deployed my application (jaxrpc web service) war file in webapps
directory;

2) I deployed the files below in common/lib/ directory to support jaxrpc
web service (I found the files needed by adding one by one when it
complains):

jaxrpc-ri.jar
jaxrpc-api.jar
commons-logging.jar
saaj-ri.jar
saaj-api.jar

3) I added a default context in tomcat isolated service section on
conf/server.xml with my jdbc resources, and I deploy my oracle driver
package in common/lib/ directory (renamed as a jar file)

The jaxrpc service is ok (verified on browser). But, I'm having problems
using a connection pool from JNDI in my web service's init method! I'm
getting an exception "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver" as my
driver wasn't on classpath (like it would happen if I make a
Class.forName() invovation)!!

I already had this battle with WSDP's tomcat, and won (solved) by
renaming the classes12.zip (oracle driver) to classes12.jar. Now, it
appears that even this work around work anymore!!!??

It appears that tomcat 4.0.4 uses tyrex connection manager
(tyrex-0.9.7.0.jar). What is connection manager of tomcat 4.1.2 (WSDP
1.0)? I will try the tyrex's latest version (1.0).

Please, anyone figures what is my problem?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar