users@jax-rpc.java.net

[Fwd: Re: more doc/literal]

From: Sam <bytecode_at_Phreaker.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:59:47 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Sam <bytecode_at_Phreaker.net>
Subject: Re: more doc/literal
To: Public discussion on JAX-RPC <JAXRPC-INTEREST_at_JAVA.SUN.COM>

Why is it that when I generate an endpoint from a wsdl with
document/literal that it converts the schema into a corresponding
bean objects.

That defeats the very purpose of using document/literal.

Moreover, since the JAXRPC RI doesnt do any schema validations when
doing this conversion, there is no way to enforce that the incoming
request conforms to the schema.

Which defeats the purpose even further.

Can anyone point out to me why this is happening ? A sample WSDL is
attached.

/s

> Sam, the JAX-RPC RI will only generate a document/literal endpoint from
> a WSDL file.

-- message truncated --

> Sam wrote:
> >
> > By default xrpcc generates everything in the rpc/encoded
> > format.
> >
> > How do I make it generate doc/literal (other than editing
> > the WSDL myself)
> >
> > How do I deploy a service as a doc/literal and not rpc/encoded
> > to my endpoint.

-- message truncated --