users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: J2SE runtime System, Discovery And Registration

From: Deepth Dinesan <dinesan_at_INDIA.ADVENTNET.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 04:55:27 -0600

Ooops !!

<Please Ignore My Previous Mail />

<Thanks>Anne</Thanks>
<Thanks>Arun</Thanks>

<Criteria>

Am wondering on the criteria for choosing JAX-RPC or JAXM for exposing my application
as a web service .

Both suports asynchronous and synchronous communication (in some form or the other)
Both essentially uses 'Servlets' ( Am sticking on to RI )

JAX-RPC defines Java-Wsdl Mapping .
JAXM doesnt . ( So do I need to hand code WSDL ? any other alternative ? )

</criteria>

<misc>
. found that there is a soap.jar under c:\jwsdp-1_0-ea2\commom\lib apart from
  jaxrpc-api.jar and jaxrpc-ri.jar . Is that being used ?
. Also found openOrb.jar . Is IIOP being used somewhere ?
</misc>

Or am I missing something ?

Thanks a lot
Deepth Dinesan