users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC RI bug and feature requests

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:37:58 -0700

Hi Michael,

Please see my inline answers to some of your questions.

Michael Cheng wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been playing with JAX-RPC RI EA2 for the past few days. Here is what
>I found so far:
>
>1) ParameterMode is not spec version 0.8 compliant:
>
>public class javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode extends java.lang.Object {
> public static final javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode PARAM_MODE_IN;
> public static final javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode PARAM_MODE_OUT;
> public static final javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode PARAM_MODE_INOUT;
> public java.lang.String toString();
> static {};
>}
>
>The constants should be called IN, OUT, and INOUT respectively.

JAX-RPC EA2 is based on 0.7 version of the specification. Since these
features are introduced in 0.8, you'll see them in the next public
release of JAX-RPC.

>2) When creating Java from WSDL, xrpcc uses the port name rather than
>portType name to generate the name of the interface.

That is a known bug and will be fixed in the next public release of JAX-RPC.

> 4) There doesn't seem to be a way to specify a different package name for
>each namespace used in the WSDL file. Neither is there a way to map
>different packages to a different namespace when starting from Java. This
>makes it difficult to use types gathered from multiple namespaces, or Java
>packages.

There will be a facility to map JAX-RPC value types to different package
names in the next upcoming release. This will be allowed starting from a
service endpoint interface or starting from a WSDL.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

>Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with the above.
>
>Michael Cheng
>WebSphere Architecture/Development
>internet: mcheng_at_us.ibm.com
>Lotus Notes: Michael Cheng/Austin/IBM_at_IBMUS
>1-512-823-7442, T/L: 793-7442

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html