users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Apache SOAP and interop

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:33:16 -0700

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments on interoperability. Collections
and Hashtable will be supported in the upcoming release of JAX-RPC in
June 2002.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Peter C. Tribble wrote:

>I've been using Apache soap, Axis, JAX-RPC under java. SOAP::LITE under
>perl, and have used Tclsoap and a couple of python implementations.
>
>Usually it's Apache soap or SOAP::LITE on the server side, and they both
>work well (and interoperate well) on the client side. All the other things
>work well on the client side for what I'm doing, except JAX-RPC (which
>doesn't handle Collections out of the box, and almost everything I pass
>is either a List or a Hash). I've been very pleased with the level of
>interoperability in general.
>
>-Peter Tribble
>HGMP Computing Services
>http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/~ptribble/

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html