users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Apache SOAP and interop

From: Peter C. Tribble <ptribble_at_hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:29:01 +0100

>>>Has anyone tried using a non java client with apache SOAP or
>>>JAXRPC as yet ?
>>>
>>>I tried using a M$ client with JAXRPC and it didnt quite work
>>>for a simple example...i ll try again to see what the problem was....
>>>
>>>Has anyone had success with the Apache (not Axis) implementation ?

I've been using Apache soap, Axis, JAX-RPC under java. SOAP::LITE under
perl, and have used Tclsoap and a couple of python implementations.

Usually it's Apache soap or SOAP::LITE on the server side, and they both
work well (and interoperate well) on the client side. All the other things
work well on the client side for what I'm doing, except JAX-RPC (which
doesn't handle Collections out of the box, and almost everything I pass
is either a List or a Hash). I've been very pleased with the level of
interoperability in general.

-Peter Tribble
HGMP Computing Services
http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/~ptribble/