users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC on Tomcat

From: CM <sun_at_MEDIAGENERATION.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:54:13 -0400

> I've tried without success to run JAX-RPC from jwsdp-ea2 on Tomcat
> 4.0.3.

http://java.sun.com/xml/docs/spring02/ReleaseNotes.html

I noticed that the above release notes for the "Java XML Pack Spring 02"
(which doesn't have a built-in version of Tomcat like the WSDP), state
that it has been tested with Tomcat 4.0.2, which is a production release
(right?). This seems strange, as the versions of JAX-RPC that come with
each (both the WSDP and the "Java XML Pack Spring 02") are the same
(JAX-RPC version 1.0 EA2), but there it is.

I'm off to follow the install instructions and will hope that it runs with
Tomcat 4.0.3. If not, I suppose 4.0.2 is not that bad.

-CM