users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Authentication

From: Yaping Xu <yaping.xu_at_EDS.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:34:04 -0700

Hi Arun:

I just jioned this interest group, and I read the correspondence between you and Brian which is of importance to me.

I need to implement a web service client that can reach out to a web service that's outside company firewall. So this client needs to go through the firewall proxy which requires user name and password authentication.

What I need to know is that using this basic authentication by setting the two properties "http.auth.username" and "http.auth.password" , together with setting two system properties "HTTPProxyHost" "HTTPProxyPort", I can accomplish the goal of tunneling through the firewall?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Yaping