users@jax-rpc.java.net

Authentication

From: Brian McKeough <bnjmckeough_at_NETSCAPE.NET>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:32:30 -0700

Hello All,

I'm trying to test out ea1's support for basic authentication and I'm running into problems. The release notes state that the release "includes" basic authentication. The spec discusses properties which can be set on the stub (javax.xml.rpc.security.auth.username,javax.xml.rpc.security.auth.password) but when I try to use these I get an IllegalArgumentException. What gives? Am I just doing this wrong, or is a classpath problem? Or is it buggy documentation and basic authentication is not supported?

Thanks,

Brian