users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Authentication

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:50:51 -0800

Hi Brian,

You can set the properties on your stub as:

stub._setProperty("javax.xml.rpc.security.auth.username",
"your-user-name");
stub._setProperty("javax.xml.rpc.security.auth.password",
"your-password");

or

stub._setProperty(Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY, "your-user-name");
stub._setProperty(Stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, "your-password");

Assuming you are deploying your application on Tomcat 4.0.1, username
and password mentioned in the above properties should exactly match to
the user-id and password as mentioned in tomcat-users.xml.

This should help you in configuring your stubs for basic authentication.

If you are still getting an IllegalArgumentException, please send the
stack trace from server side to be able to debug further.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Brian McKeough wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to test out ea1's support for basic authentication and I'm running into problems. The release notes state that the release "includes" basic authentication. The spec discusses properties which can be set on the stub (javax.xml.rpc.security.auth.username,javax.xml.rpc.security.auth.password) but when I try to use these I get an IllegalArgumentException. What gives? Am I just doing this wrong, or is a classpath problem? Or is it buggy documentation and basic authentication is not supported?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html