users@jax-rpc.java.net

Service Implementation class name

From: Sang Shin <Sang_at_east.sun.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:34:34 -0700

The following is code snippet from the HelloWorld
tutorial showing the stub-based programming model

  HelloIF_Stub stub = (HelloIF_Stub)(new HelloWorld_Impl().getHelloIF());
  stub._setProperty( javax.xml.rpc.Stub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
                                    args[0]);

I have two questions on this code.

(1) Here I assume HelloWorld_Impl is the service
specific implementation of generated Service interface.
Now the spec says (in section 4.3.11 Generated Service),
the name of the generated service interface is the
name attribute of the corresponding wsdl:service element,
which is HelloWorld in this case. Now in the above
code, we assume the implementation class of HelloWorld
service interface is HelloWorld_Impl.class. Now my question
is can we assume it since the spec does not say any
naming pattern between service interface and its
implementation.

(2) Similar question regarding to getHelloIF() method
call. In the same section, the method call that needs
to be used to get stub instance should be

    get<Name_of_wsdl:port>

And in this wsdl document of Helloworld example,
it should be getHelloIFPort(). In the above example,
it is getHelloIF(). Any explanation for why this
discrepency?

Thanks

-Sang Shin