users@jax-rpc.java.net

WSDL fault problem with RI

From: Simon Horrell <simonh_at_develop.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:13:49 +0000

Using the RI, I just tried to do a roundtrip.
That is, a) use xrpcc to generate a WSDL doc from a service description
interface and b) use xrpcc to generate the service description from the
generated WSDL doc. It failed because a) the original service description
interface threw service description exceptions and b) the generated WSDL
gave the corresponding faults the same name within each operation in the
portType (validly) and c) this chokes xrpcc. If I rename the faults uniquely
within the portType operations and any references to them in the binding
operations then it works fine.
Just thought someone should know.
Si.