users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: WSDL fault problem with RI

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 09:49:39 -0800

Hi Simon,

Please refer to R07 in Chapter 3 on page 26.

A JAX-RPC 1.0 implementation is not required to support a round-trip
mapping
between the Java and WSDL based representations of a JAX-RPC service.

Thanks for letting us know though.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Simon Horrell wrote:

> Using the RI, I just tried to do a roundtrip.
> That is, a) use xrpcc to generate a WSDL doc from a service description
> interface and b) use xrpcc to generate the service description from the
> generated WSDL doc. It failed because a) the original service description
> interface threw service description exceptions and b) the generated WSDL
> gave the corresponding faults the same name within each operation in the
> portType (validly) and c) this chokes xrpcc. If I rename the faults uniquely
> within the portType operations and any references to them in the binding
> operations then it works fine.
> Just thought someone should know.
> Si.

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html