users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Dynamic Invocation Interface

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:06:52 -0800

Hi Su,

See inline.

Su Zhang wrote:

> Hi Arun,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it.
>
> I verified the endpoint and it seems the service contains the port "VoteIF":
>
> It supports the following ports: "VoteIF" (http://localhost:8080/jaxrpc-vote/vote/endpoint/VoteIF)
>
> Then in my DII client code, I set:
>
> QName servicePort = new QName( "http://vote.org/wsdl", "VoteIF" );

Try

QName servicePort = new QName( "VoteIF" );

This is how it is mentioned in the tutorial as well.

Also ensure that you are doing other setProperties as shown in the
tutorial.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
-Arun

> where "http://vote.org/wsdl" is the targetNamespace specified in VoteService.wsdl file.
>
> // QName for service name
> QName serviceName = new QName( "VoteService" );
>
> where "VoteService" is the service name specified in VoteService.wsdl file: <service name="VoteService">
>
> Service service = new ServiceImpl( serviceName );
>
> Call call = service.createCall( servicePort, "addVote" );
> call.setTargetEndpointAddress(
> "http://localhost:8080/jaxrpc-vote/vote/endpoint/VoteIF");
>
> Clould you tell me what is wrong with my setting?
>
> Best Regards,
> Su
>
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:32:59 -0800, Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_SUN.COM> wrote:
>
> >Hi Su,
> >
> >Please ensure that your service does contain the port "VoteIF".
> >
> >If you are able to build your service war file and deploy it on the
> >Tomcat server, try specifying the endpoint in a browser window and it
> >will tell you about the ports in that service. Port shown in the window
> >should exactly match as you are specifying in your DII client code.
> >
> >Hope that helps,
> >-Arun
> >
> >Su Zhang wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Arun,
> >>
> >> Thank you for your reply.
> >>
> >> If I follow the steps in the tutorial, I can get the program running.
> >> However, when I try to use the Service.createCall( QName portName, String operationName ) which is specified in JAX-RPC specification 0.5, I got a similar error message:
> >>
> >> Error occurred: service: QName(VoteService) does not contain port: QName(http://vote.org/wsdl, VoteIF)
> >>
> >> The source code looks like:
> >> Service service = new ServiceImpl( serviceName );
> >> Call call = service.createCall( servicePort, "addVote" );
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Su

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html