dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

[Fwd: RI Sandbox]

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:06:50 -0700

I forgot to add that the yui-based components would be donated by Jason Lee.

attached mail follows:

Hey All,

I'd like to get a discussion going on starting a sandbox for
the RI.

Some initial thoughts I have are:
   - it would be a directory under the current repository
   - the standard checkin process would be ignored
      to foster faster development cycles
   - we'd provide a separate download bundle for the
      components of the sandbox
   - this would be open for components, alternate
     implementation components, etc.

There are several candidates for this sandbox already.
  - Stan's alternate NavigationHandler which supports
     parameters
  - 508 compliant datatable since we couldn't
     get it in to the MR (there are several folks
     interested in this one)
  - Some starter yui-based components

Anyone have any thoughts to add to this?