dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: [Fwd: RI Sandbox]

From: Ed Burns <ed.burns_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:26:55 -0800

RL> jacob_at_hookom.net wrote:
>> How would this relate to jsf-ext? I thought Ed wanted that to be the home of these kinds of things?
>>
RL> In some cases, like the NavigationHandler, there would be an RI
RL> dependency, so it makes sense to
RL> have it in an RI sandbox.

RL> As to components, I've heard that Ed wanted to keep jsf-ext 'component
RL> free' (or something there-abouts).

Let me set the record straight on jsf-extensions.

I'd love to have Jason's components there. Everything in jsf-ext is
implementation neutral. Therefore, I think we need a sun-impl sandbox
as well.

I am happy to add anyone who already has jsf committer status to
jsf-extensions, no questions asked, and I'd really like to avoid
creating another place for people to look.

Ed