users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] Filed JSF 2.3 JSR with JCP

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:50:14 -0700

Hello JSF Spec Users,

I filed the JSF 2.3 JSR with JCP today. It is attached. It won't be
long before we have a JSR number.

Note that I have added this text to section 2.1 to fit with the MVC 1.0
JSR which was just officially submitted today [1]:

Support for MVC 1.0

Several existing features of JSF may make sense to expose for use by the
MVC 1.0 specification, also in Java EE 8. These features may include,
but are not limited to: the Facelets View Declaration Language, JSF
native CDI scopes, and faces flows.

Again, I encourage everyone on this list who cares about action oriented
MVC to go over and join the users_at_jax-rs-spec.java.net list.

Ed

[1] https://java.net/projects/jax-rs-spec/lists/users/archive/2014-08/message/16